Sadlier_School_logotype_RED.png
SC_logo.png  Log In

Blog for math teachers. The Sadlier Math Blog is a K-8 resource to support deep comprehension of math skills and concepts.

Show Grade Ranges:

How to Teach Number Lines at Each Grade Level to Support Coherence in Mathematics

Using number lines is one of those topics that are often taken for granted in the elementary and middle school curriculum. Number lines, as a form of...

Jeff Todd

5 Math Activities that Promote Collaborative Learning in the Classroom

Getting students to interact in the classroom is the call, and at the same time, it’s a challenge for our lesson planning! Collaborative math...

Jeff Todd

A Math Icebreaker Your Elementary Students Will Love, Grades 3–8

As a new school year approaches I begin to look for activities to use with my students, so that we can get to know each other and I can observe a...

Jeff Todd

A Place Value Activity that Compares Populations, Grades 5–8

I don’t know about you, but sometimes my students have trouble telling how many times greater one thing is than another. They usually misread the...

Jeff Todd

Snapshots of Math; A Base Ten Numbers & Place Value Lesson Plan

This base ten numbers and place value lesson plan for grades 3–8 combines non-fiction chart reading with mathematics to show students math is...

Jeff Todd

Welcome to the Progress in Math Blog

I am so glad that you found this math blog among all the possible sites you might have landed on through the Internet, and I hope you keep with me as I...

Jeff Todd

Subscribe to the Math Blog