Sadlier_School_logotype_RED.png
SC_logo.png  Log In

ELA Blog - English Language Arts Resources for the Classroom

Show Grade Ranges:
featured-post-temp.jpg

Vocabulary Land Game Board (Grades  4-12)


Vocabulary Land, similar to Hasbro® Candy Land™
, is a captivating vocabulary game that's guaranteed to get students excited about learning new words
... Continue Reading

May 24, 2018 | VG Teaching Resources Vocab & ELA Res, VG Writing with Vocabulary 6-12, Vocab Gal, ELA 6-8, ELA Resources - Activities, ELA 9-12, ELA Seasonal – End of School Year, ELA Focus - Writing with Vocabulary, ELA Focus - Vocabulary

Last Week of School Activity– 5 Pieces of Advice Using Vocabulary Words

By: Vocab Gal

So often we teachers impart advice to students, but they often do not get to do the same. Give your budding sages the opportunity to impart their aphorisms and adages upon others with this last week of school activity! The Top 5 Pieces of Advice Using Vocabulary WordsActivity  will be a hit with students.

last-week-of-school-activity-advice-with-vocabulary-words

Top Pieces of Advice Using Vocabulary Words

The concept for this last week of school activity came about when I was writing my farewell message to seniors. When I wrote out my advice for graduating seniors, I infused the advice with vocabulary words. As I finished writing, I couldn't help thinking how fun it would be to have my senior students write something similar to junior students.

When I sat down to create the vocabulary worksheet, the activity evolved into an exercise for all grade levels. Children of all ages have valuable advice locked away in their heads!

 The concept for this vocabulary activity came about when I was writing my farewell message to seniors. When I wrote out my advice for graduating seniors, I infused the advice with vocabulary words. As I finished writing, I couldn't help thinking how fun it would be to have my senior students write something similar to junior students.

Vocabulary-Activities 

With the Top 5 Pieces of Advice Using Vocabulary WordsActivity students will get to choose from three options:

  1. Write advice to graduates (whether they are graduating from Kindergarten, Elementary School, or Middle School)

  2. Write advice to you, the teacher, about instructional ideas

  3. Write advice to someone who is exploring on of their areas of expertise (music, video games, a specific sport, etc.)

Their final pieces of advice will be assessed and graded on the following requirements:

  • Were all assigned vocabulary words used.

  • Each piece of advice must be accurate in regards to grammar, usage and mechanics.

  • Each pieces of advice should be different – no two pieces of advice should make the same point.

  • All advice should be positive and help the receiver succeed in the specific subject.

Download the Top 5 Pieces of Advice Using Vocabulary WordsActivity now to get started!

 

 

 

ELA tips from our fabulous experts

Connect With Us

Learn more about our experts

vocabulary-land-vocabulary-game-350px

Vocabulary Land Game Board, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Vocabulary_Workshop_Achieve

>> Featured Product <<

Vocab-Categories-Game_350px

​Vocab-categories Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

download now

 

Vocabulary Workshop Grades 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-sheet-of-the-week

Vocabulary Sheet of the Week, Grades 1–12

Download-Now

 

Let's Target Vocabulary Acquisition 1-6

>> Featured Product <<

the-perfect-meal-vocabulary-activities-350px

Menu for the Perfect Meal, Grades 1–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Let's Target Vocabulary and Usage 1-6

>> Featured Product <<

Word-for-That-Vocabulary-Activity_thumb_350px

Word for That Activity, Grades 6–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Let's Target Vocabulary and Usage 1-6

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-bookmarks

Vocabulary Bookmarks, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Strategies

Vocabulary Workshop

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-bookmarks

Vocabulary Bookmarks, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Strategies

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

Oranges-to-Oranges-Vocabulary-Game_thumb_350px

Oranges to Oranges Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Games

Vocabulary_Workshop_Achieve

>> Featured Product <<

test-taking-strategies-for-reading-vocabulary

Test-taking Strategies, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Strategies

Vocabulary Workshop 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-assessment-worksheets-350px

Vocabulary Assessment Worksheets, Grades 3–12

Download-Now

 

 

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-assessment-worksheets-350px

Vocabulary Assessment Worksheets, Grades 3–12

Download-Now

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

<

vocabulary-assessment-worksheets-350px

Vocabulary Assessment Worksheets, Grades 3–12

Download-Now

Vocabulary Workshop 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

07MNO_13_VG_SnowDayDetails_thumb_350px

Snow Day Activity, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Vocabulary Workshop 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

Bracket-Battles-Vocabulary-Game_thumb_350px

Bracket Battles Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

Oranges-to-Oranges-Vocabulary-Game_thumb_350px

Oranges to Oranges Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Games

Vocabulary Workshop 1-5

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Grammar Mini Lesson: Subject Pronouns, Grades 3–5

Grammar-Exercises

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Grammar Mini Lesson: Subject Pronouns, Grades 3–5

Grammar-Exercises

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Rhyme Time Phonics Activity, Grades K–2

download now

 

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

5 Tips for Revising Sentences, Grades 6–12

download now

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

The Big 3 Comma Rules, Grades 3–12

download now

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Grammar Mini Lesson: Subject Predicates, Grades 3–5

Grammar-Exercises

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Parallel Structures, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Parallel Structures, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

interactive-read-aloud-lesson-bundle

Interactive Read Aloud Bundle, K–5

Download-Now

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

 

Download a National Anthem Close Reading Kit for grades 3–8

National Anthem Close Reading Kit, Grades 3–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Mini_Unit_Strategy_Lesson_Ruby_Bridges_thumb_350px

Comparing & Contrasting Texts: Ruby Bridges, Grades 4–5

Literacy-Download-Now

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

 

Notice_and_Note_Signposts_Posters_thumb_350px

Notice & Note Signpost Posters K–5

Literacy-Download-Now

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Give your students the strategies they need to confidently answer multiple-choice questions.

Be A Multiple-Choice Champion Tip Sheet

ELA-Download

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Give your students the strategies they need to confidently answer multiple-choice questions.

Be A Multiple-Choice Champion Tip Sheet

ELA-Download

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Subscribe to the ELA Blog