Sadlier_School_logotype_RED.png
SC_logo.png  Log In

ELA Blog - English Language Arts Resources for the Classroom

Show Grade Ranges:
featured-post-temp.jpg

Vocabulary Land Game Board (Grades  4-12)


Vocabulary Land, similar to Hasbro® Candy Land™
, is a captivating vocabulary game that's guaranteed to get students excited about learning new words
... Continue Reading

March 1, 2012 | VG Teaching Resources Vocab & ELA Res, VG Author Interviews 6-12, VG Author Interviews K-5, ELA K-5, ELA 6-8, ELA 9-12, ELA Focus - Author Interviews, ELA Focus - Vocabulary, ELA Resources - Activities, Vocab Gal

Author Interview: Allan Wolf

By: Vocab Gal

I want to bring Allan Wolf to my school-his energy and enthusiasm are catching. Not only is he is a great writer who can discuss all the books he’s written for kids and teens, but he’s also an awesome performance poet who can lead writing workshops!


Allan-Wolf

After meeting Allan Wolf at NCTE this fall and getting his autograph for my students who loved his enthralling novel-in-verse Zane’s Trace, I picked an audiobook copy of his newest poetic novel The Watch That Ends the Night about the sinking of the Titanic.  I was astonished at all the information I learned while listening to the novel, and also how much I enjoyed his writing style with the 24(!) different characters he created in weaving his story.

Allan’s thoughts on the power of words gave me goosebumps, because his message is about how much lexicon can transform one’s emotions and one’s state of mind-WOW! I know words are power, but he extrapolated upon that statement in a way I never could. 

I hope you enjoy this author interview as much as I do, and can use it as an excellent vocabulary resource. 

 

 

 

 

ELA tips from our fabulous experts

Connect With Us

Learn more about our experts

vocabulary-land-vocabulary-game-350px

Vocabulary Land Game Board, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Vocabulary_Workshop_Achieve

>> Featured Product <<

Vocab-Categories-Game_350px

​Vocab-categories Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

download now

 

Vocabulary Workshop Grades 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-sheet-of-the-week

Vocabulary Sheet of the Week, Grades 1–12

Download-Now

 

Let's Target Vocabulary Acquisition 1-6

>> Featured Product <<

the-perfect-meal-vocabulary-activities-350px

Menu for the Perfect Meal, Grades 1–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Let's Target Vocabulary and Usage 1-6

>> Featured Product <<

Word-for-That-Vocabulary-Activity_thumb_350px

Word for That Activity, Grades 6–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Let's Target Vocabulary and Usage 1-6

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-bookmarks

Vocabulary Bookmarks, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Strategies

Vocabulary Workshop

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-bookmarks

Vocabulary Bookmarks, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Strategies

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

Oranges-to-Oranges-Vocabulary-Game_thumb_350px

Oranges to Oranges Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Games

Vocabulary_Workshop_Achieve

>> Featured Product <<

test-taking-strategies-for-reading-vocabulary

Test-taking Strategies, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Strategies

Vocabulary Workshop 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-assessment-worksheets-350px

Vocabulary Assessment Worksheets, Grades 3–12

Download-Now

 

 

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-assessment-worksheets-350px

Vocabulary Assessment Worksheets, Grades 3–12

Download-Now

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

vocabulary-assessment-worksheets-350px

Vocabulary Assessment Worksheets, Grades 3–12

Download-Now

Vocabulary Workshop 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

07MNO_13_VG_SnowDayDetails_thumb_350px

Snow Day Activity, Grades 2–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Vocabulary Workshop 6-12

>> Featured Product <<

Bracket-Battles-Vocabulary-Game_thumb_350px

Bracket Battles Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Activities

Vocabulary for Success

>> Featured Product <<

Oranges-to-Oranges-Vocabulary-Game_thumb_350px

Oranges to Oranges Vocabulary Game, Grades 4–12

Vocabulary-Games

Vocabulary Workshop 1-5

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Grammar Mini Lesson: Subject Pronouns, Grades 3–5

Grammar-Exercises

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Grammar Mini Lesson: Subject Pronouns, Grades 3–5

Grammar-Exercises

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Pronouns, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Rhyme Time Phonics Activity, Grades K–2

download now

 

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

5 Tips for Revising Sentences, Grades 6–12

download now

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

The Big 3 Comma Rules, Grades 3–12

download now

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Grammar Mini Lesson: Subject Predicates, Grades 3–5

Grammar-Exercises

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Parallel Structures, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Activity

Standardly Yours: Parallel Structures, Grades 6–12

Grammar-Exercises

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

Tip Sheet

Grammar Certificate,
Grades K–6

Grammar-Worksheets

Common Core Grammar for Writing

>> Featured Product <<

interactive-read-aloud-lesson-bundle

Interactive Read Aloud Bundle, K–5

Download-Now

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

 

Download a National Anthem Close Reading Kit for grades 3–8

National Anthem Close Reading Kit, Grades 3–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Mini_Unit_Strategy_Lesson_Ruby_Bridges_thumb_350px

Comparing & Contrasting Texts: Ruby Bridges, Grades 4–5

Literacy-Download-Now

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

 

Notice_and_Note_Signposts_Posters_thumb_350px

Notice & Note Signpost Posters K–5

Literacy-Download-Now

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Give your students the strategies they need to confidently answer multiple-choice questions.

Be A Multiple-Choice Champion Tip Sheet

ELA-Download

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

See what more and more classrooms across the country are doing to integrate various literacy instruction and guide students toward proficient and lifelong reading.

Balanced Literacy Kit, K–8

Vocabulary-Lesson

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Give your students the strategies they need to confidently answer multiple-choice questions.

Be A Multiple-Choice Champion Tip Sheet

ELA-Download

 Close Reading of Complex Texts  For Grades 6–8

>> Featured Product <<

 

Common Core Progress English Language Arts

>> Featured Product <<

Subscribe to the ELA Blog