Sister Rosa Monique Peña, OP
- Sister Rosa Monique is a bilingual consultant for Sadlier engaged in giving presentations, workshops and retreats nationally and in the Caribbean.
- She is a former Director of Religious Education for the Archdiocese of Miami, Florida, responsible for coordinating the evaluation of catechetical programs in English, Spanish and Creole. She designed and developed a very successful bilingual catechist certification program in collaboration with the local Catholic universities, Barry University and St. Thomas University.
- Rosa established the Catechumenate Process in the Archdiocese and produced the study video, “The Catechumenate in Brief” in English and Spanish.
- She taught Catechetical Methodologies in St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary in Boynton Beach, Fl. and the Archdiocesan Diaconate Program. She offered similar courses in methodologies, the catechumenate and the doctrinal foundations of Catholicism to pastoral ministers, religious and clergy from the Diocese of San Pedro de Macoris in Dominican Republic.
- Sister spent many years in the classroom as elementary and junior high teacher, and also in school administration, experiences which afforded an excellent foundation for her work with adult formation.
- She has given many conferences, workshops, retreats and courses to a variety of groups both in English and Spanish.
- Rosa Monique received a B.A. in Spanish and a M.A. in Religious Studies from Barry University, Miami, Fl. a certificate in Preaching from Aquinas Institute of Theology, St. Louis, MO and a certificate in Process Facilitation.
Rosa Monique enjoys facilitating learning in numerable ways especially those best suited to particular groups. She exudes enthusiasm and humor in her practical presentations engaging the mind and heart of the participants.
Topics of Professional Workshops
Rosa Monique is comfortable addressing topics on catechetical formation, leadership, spirituality, theology and bridging cultural differences. She is also willing to work with local leaders in offering workshops collaboratively as a team.
Titles of Professional Talks
The Eucharist, Our Point of Convergence
New Times, New Directions
Do Our Glasses Need Adjustment?
Becoming Bridge People
Adult Faith Formation: An Interesting Approach
Learning and Teaching in Multiple Ways
Spirituality of the Catholic School Teacher
Principals as Spiritual Leaders
Catechists as Agents of the New Evangelization
Putting Faith into Action in a Church of Many Faces
Catechists and Teachers as Agents of the New Evangelization
Catechetical in-service for catechists using We Believe
Days of Reflection
Advent: Listening to the Goodness Within
Lent: Following Jesus: from suffering to transformation
Presentaciones en Español
Catequesis de Adultos: Algo Nuevo e Interesante
Aprendiendo y Enseñando de Muchas Maneras
La Eucaristía, Nuestro Punto de Encuentro
Catequistas, Agentes de La Nueva Evangelización
La fe en Acción en Una Iglesia Multifacética
La Tradición, Siempre Joven y Siempre Visionaria
Retorno al Corazón de la Fe
Catequistas y Profesores, Agentes de La Nueva Evangelización
Como Usar el Catecismo Creemos/We Believe
Días de reflexión
Retiro de Adviento: Escuchemos las Bendiciones en Nuestro Corazón
Retiro de Cuaresma: Del sufrimiento a la Paz Interior